Saturday, April 09, 2005

A forum for the dissemination of ideas by creative generalists?

I'm reluctant to give myself (or anyone, for that matter) a label, but I suppose I am very much a creative-generalist. I would like to contribute ideas to the worlds of advertising and television. However, to do this, I very much have to 'walk the walk': in other words, I have to have gained a significant chunk of knowledge about the particular industry. In the area of television to submit an idea I have to submit ideas in a set template including details about costs and other specific details about the project. As a creative generalist I don't have time to research this.

This week I have seen no less than four of my ideas actuated by someone else (two TV show concepts, one invention and one social invention).

Here is my idea: we devise an organisation/forum dedicated to the dissemination (and championing) of ideas devised by creative generalists. We would be able to submit ideas to organisations under the aegis of the organisation. I would like to do this sooner rather than later.

Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Eroteme said...

I am totally with you on this...
And let's not worry what to call the organisation! 5 random alphabets (2 of which must be vowels) picked and put together to make a phonetically nice word... :-)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Arun said...

Good idea John! Let's talk off-list and we can take this forward. This is one area that even I am working towards. Am acccessible at arun@arunverma.com

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home